In the Framework of the preparation of Regional Meeting on Prioritizing Environmental Issues and Harmonizing Approaches of Thematic Working Groups »; on 15 Novembre 2019 at APEFA Headquarters was held a meeting bringing together the delegation of civil society from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) grouped into an umbrella called (COSPGL-RN-GLACC-NR), coalition des Organisations de la Société civile pour un plaidoyer en faveur de la Conservation de Resources Naturelle’s dans la region des grands Lacs and management APEFA team,.
This meeting was chaired by Mr. NZAPONIMPA Oscar who doubles as the executive Director of APEFA and chairman of Rwanda Environmental NGO’s Forum (RENGOF).
After the discussion the meeting come out with the Following decisions : APEFA congratulated the Congolese delegation for the noble initiative of organizing such meeting;
- Terms of reference for this meeting should be reviewed to include tangible expected results from this meeting;
- Participants of the meeting recommended that APEFA should be the host organization for this regional gathering that will take place in Musanze, FATIMA Hotel (New),The choice of the venue was motivated by the fact that, it is a convenient place to all members countries. The host organization will undertake the preparation of the meeting activities including inviting participants.
- Participant of the meeting requested to Involve potential paterners and development donors in the meeting preparation activities for fund mobilization.
- Setting up a technical committee, which will regularly make the follow up of the preparation Progress and report to the organizing committee.
- Participants of the meeting requested to produce to organizing committee the financial report after the meeting to ensure the transparency and value for money.
- Participants of the meeting requested that member states which will be present in the meeting should have a common understanding on the document thereafter proceed at its validation in the course of the meeting;
The Executive Director of APEFA and chairman of Rwanda Environmental NGO’s Forum (RENGOF). Extended his sincere thanks to the the Congolese delegation for the good relations between the civil societies of the two countries in sector of environment and Natural resources and ensure to maintain it in finding together the durable solutions on the regional issues of the environment
The Congolese delegation led by Mr. TUVER WUNDI appreciated the Worm welcome and said that, we wish to stay here in the beautiful country of hundred hills, this prove that the forthcoming meeting will be successful, I know Rwandan are very good in organizing such kind of events thereafter he committed that the good relations between the two civil societies in the above sector will continue.